2022-23 Firefighter Recruitment Process
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Current Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) certificate
- NIMS ICS 100/200/700/800
- CPR-Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider or equivalent
- Current State of Colorado EMT-B; OR current NREMT and State of Colorado EMT-B within 3 months of hire date
- Valid NTN FireTEAM test scores including the Public Safety Self Assessment (PSSA) Part 1
- Ability to successfully complete the Front Range Fire Consortium Academy and pass the Academy test
*Candidates who are invited to apply will be asked to attach copies of their certifications to their application in order to proceed in the process.
To review the complete Firefighter job description, please click here.
Step 1: NTN FireTEAM Test and Public Safety Self Assessment (PSSA)
Candidates are required to take the NTN FireTEAM test and the PSSA Part 1 through the National Testing Network (NTN). The NTN testing window for LFRA closed on April 30, 2022.
Step 2: CPAT
Candidates are required to have a valid CPAT certificate.
Resources for CPAT testing:
Step 3: Application
Based on the candidates’ FireTEAM test and PSSA Part 1 scores, LFRA will invite candidates to complete a department application due by May 20, 2022.
Step 4: Interviews
Interviews will occur between May 30 – June 10, 2022. Invited candidates must attend in person.
|February 24 – April 30, 2022 ||FireTEAM Test/PSSA Part 1 is open |
|April 30, 2022 ||FireTEAM test/PSSA Part 1 deadline |
|May 6 – May 20, 2022 ||LFRA will invite eligible candidates to complete a job application based on FireTEAM test and PSSA Part 1 scores |
|May 20, 2022 ||LFRA job application deadline |
|May 30 – June 10, 2022 ||Interviews* |
|By June 13, 2022 ||Offers of employment extended |
|June 27, 2022 ||Equipment sizing and physical assessment* |
|August 8, 2022 ||Employment Start Date* |
|August 22, 2022 ||FRFC Academy* (16-week Academy) |
*must be in-person – Loveland, CO
**LFRA reserves the right to alter any recruitment process without notice