Most of the time, yes. If you’re thinking about moving your business into an existing building or constructing a new building, your first step is to contact the appropriate Planning and Zoning department to see if the property is zoned for your use. You may be required to obtain Planning approval prior to getting your building permit. You also might need a liquor license, utility service, sign permit, sales tax license or other approvals.