Level 1 fire restrictions have been implemented in unincorporated Larimer County.
This includes a restriction on open fires, contained open fires, incendiary devices, the use of fireworks and/or public firework displays in unincorporated Larimer County.
The term “open fires” does NOT include:
- Fires in camp stoves or grills fueled by bottled gas
- Fires in permanently construction stationary masonry or metal fireplaces designed specifically for the purpose of combustion
- Wood or charcoal cooking grills, on a non-combustible surface of at least 10 feet in diameter
- Smoking in a vehicle, building, recreation site, or area that is at least three feet cleared of all flammable material.
- Fire in curtain burners
- Fires used by firefighters to stop or contain wildland fires
The term “fireworks” does NOT include:
- Toy caps
- Highway flares, railroad fuses, emergency distress signal devises, smoke candles
- Educational/toy model rockets
- Fireworks used for testing or researched by a licensed explosives lab
The term “incendiary device” includes:
- Any object that is combustible or flammable, and explodes or is designed to start a fire
- Sky lanterns
- Exploding ammunition
- Exploding targets
- Tracer ammunition