When Loveland Fire Rescue Authority Community Safety Division requires the installation of a Knox Box, Knox Vault, Knox Key Switch, Knox Padlock or a related product, the owner or general contractor is responsible for ordering product(s) online. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING KNOX PRODUCTS, PLEASE COORDINATE WITH LFRA PRIOR TO ORDERING BY CALLING THE COMMUNITY SAFETY DIVISION AT (970) 962-2537.
For Knox Boxes, most owners purchase a 3200 Series (standard capacity); however, multi-tenant buildings that will have more keys will need a Knox Vault, which is the 4400 Series; please confirm with LFRA prior to purchase if you need a Knox Vault. Knox Boxes/Vaults may be surface mounted or recessed, with various finishes – choose the product that is best for your building. For Knox Padlocks, exterior padlocks should be Model 3770 and interior padlocks should be Model 3771. At this time, LFRA does not allow use of any Dual Lock Knox Boxes.
Once you receive and install your Knox-Box, contact the Community Safety Division at (970) 962-2537 to schedule an inspector to meet you on site to lock keys or other contents in the Knox-Box.
Knox-Boxes should be installed 5 to 6 feet above grade, but please confirm installation location with the Community Safety Division ahead of time.
How to Order
- Go to knoxbox.com
- Click on the “BUY” icon in the upper right corner of the page or “Buy Now” at the bottom of the screen on a mobile device
- Select Colorado from drop down menu
- Enter the local fire department/agency name (“Loveland Fire”) or enter the address of the building needing the Knox product
- There are TWO Buying Options:
- Select Knox Company when prompted
- Choose “Commercial Knox Box” from the drop down or click on image labelled “Commercial Knox Boxes”
- Choose the appropriate size from the 2 options (3200 or 4400)
- Next you will be directed you to a page to provide information about the installation location, type of occupancy, etc.
- When completed, click SUBMIT.
- Register for an account or login to complete purchase